March 30, 2013

My So-Called-Best-Friend


When I was feeling low,
You smiled and hugged me tight and slow.

Your hug was always warm
But I didn't know that it would sting my heart like a bee swarm.

Your smile was really soothing
But I didn't think that you were the friend I was losing.

Because, one fine day, you stabbed my back with a knife
And I will never forget it in my life.

Later, you said sorry
But our friendship looked very blurry.

You said you hurt me by mistake
But that was a lie which made my heart break.

All you actually wanted was name and fame
And now, it looks like I'm playing the blame game.

I can forgive but I'm not able to forget
Because, the trust I had on you, makes me regret.

I could have forgetten if you were my enemy
But as a best friend, how could you back stab me?

Remeber one thing, my so-called-best-friend:
When you start winning arguments, you start losing people in the end!

6 comments:

  1. When you start winning arguments, you start losing people in the end! Profound Truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quite a sad post. I'm thankful that I haven't had the experience so far, or maybe I'm just ignorant. Glad thet you've forgiven.
    Either way I bow down to anyone who has the ability to write poems :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I have read your post and it is really very well written and very much informative. Now a days, its hard to find true friends. Everyone is just think about themselves. I am from Vancouver and I am working in vancouver pr agency, in this company i have also one best friend. I trust her alot but someone told the truth your enemy can't hurt you as much as your true best friend can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, your post is really great and informative. Now a days it is really hard to find true friends or you can say best friends. I am not saying that best friends does not exist but its hard to find. Some of them do friendship just only for their own purpose, no one cares about feelings. I am happy that I have few best friends in my life with whom I can trust blindly.
    best regards
    Moscow Mule

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem is very sad, but you have took great decision by forgiving your friend. Your poem is also very well written and briefly explained. I am glad, i have found your post while searching about kado voor mama online.

    ReplyDelete