August 14, 2012

She Stood Up For Me!

We were six of us (all girls) in my Spark car, enjoying the drive back home from college on the muddy roads of Anekal village. Suddenly from no where, two drunkards came zooming in their bike and bumped into my car! I was stunned for a moment. Amulya, one of my close friends, warned me not to stop as it was not my mistake. I was concerned about those two guys and I had no clues that they were drunk. The moment I got down from the car, around 15-20 villagers surrounded us and started blaming us for the accident. I was so shocked that I was shivering and I couldn't say a single word. One of the drunkards sat inside my car and demanded me to take him to the nearby hospital though he was not really hurt while the villagers were yelling at me for no reason. It was then I saw my friend in action. Amulya stepped out of the car and literally yelled back at all those 20 village men! Those men were so furious and they could have done anything to her but she was trying her best to defend me. Luckily, before the situation could go out of control, four of our class mates (all guys) came to our rescue.

There are many situations in my life when I have failed to stand up for myself and this was one among them. It made me feel very brave when she was beside me and when she stood up for me. Though it was a simple act, I will never forget it!

P.S.: Amulya, I know you will read this someday. Thanks a lot for being there for me. Love you lots!

2 comments: